Concentration Statement

For my concentration I created a story with two dolls. The story is made humorous by the use of dolls, but the lighting and layout tell a sincere story of two people. The story shows how both "people" start out being lonely and desperate, and they end up finding each other and becoming friends. I used eye level in the photos to make the dolls seem more human sized and real. By shooting photos from the doll's eye level it doesn't make them appear so small. Also, the natural lighting further humanizes the dolls because its clearly outside, because these figures swould not normally be found outside. For principals of design I am focusing on texture, leading lines, color, light, and space. I've chosen this idea because I have seen a lot of people I love go through this same situation.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7th

In this image I first took the portrait photo and enhanced the contrast to create brighter whites and darker shadows. Then I selected the most highlighted part of the photo and allowed it to show through to the image of the graffiti art behind it.

ORIGINAL PHTOS:



3 comments:

  1. Zoe, the picture of your sister (I think that's who it is...) is absolutely beautiful! I love how you combined the two pictures and made it look like someone had painted on her forehead. Her eyes are so dark and it really adds to the mystery of the photo, as well as the scarf. You've really gotten good at creating one image with two. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the whole picture works, and how the graffiti on her face looks. Her eyes being so dark make the picture super interesting & mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your editing skills are incredible and I'm incredibly envious! It's really refreshing to see someone experiment so much with editing to create an even more interesting photo from two. I agree with the others on the mystery of the photo. Do you have a photo where it's color? That would be neat to see in comparison. It also appears that the graffiti is the girl's thoughts. Which is a weird interpretation, but an interesting one to think of. Great work!

    ReplyDelete