Concentration Statement

For my concentration I created a story with two dolls. The story is made humorous by the use of dolls, but the lighting and layout tell a sincere story of two people. The story shows how both "people" start out being lonely and desperate, and they end up finding each other and becoming friends. I used eye level in the photos to make the dolls seem more human sized and real. By shooting photos from the doll's eye level it doesn't make them appear so small. Also, the natural lighting further humanizes the dolls because its clearly outside, because these figures swould not normally be found outside. For principals of design I am focusing on texture, leading lines, color, light, and space. I've chosen this idea because I have seen a lot of people I love go through this same situation.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Experiment

This photo is one of my experiments in photoshop. The original photo is of a graffitied brick wall and I used photoshop to make it transparent to show the portrait through. The photo used contrast and value to emphasize the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment