Concentration Statement

For my concentration I created a story with two dolls. The story is made humorous by the use of dolls, but the lighting and layout tell a sincere story of two people. The story shows how both "people" start out being lonely and desperate, and they end up finding each other and becoming friends. I used eye level in the photos to make the dolls seem more human sized and real. By shooting photos from the doll's eye level it doesn't make them appear so small. Also, the natural lighting further humanizes the dolls because its clearly outside, because these figures swould not normally be found outside. For principals of design I am focusing on texture, leading lines, color, light, and space. I've chosen this idea because I have seen a lot of people I love go through this same situation.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Learning to edit


These are more photos I've edited and I am working on learning how to overlay portraits with other backgrounds, like this top and lower photo.

2 comments:

  1. I love how fearless you are at experimenting with photoshop! I think that the results are actually really good. The first photo is beautifull composed by the way. The perspective and the angle of the walls meeting off to the side create leading lines and the colors make the entire picture pop. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zoe!! Are you going with the whole bad luck theme?? Just wondering because I was thinking of doing the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete